If you want to blow your kids minds and have them calling you Master Chef for the rest of the day, then boy, do I have the perfect recipe for you!
Not only that, but they will think you are the coolest mom on the block. Yeah sure Sally’s mom makes character shaped pancakes, but does she make Cinnamon Roll Pancakes? Didn’t think so.
Now you may think I’m over exaggerating but let me reassure you, I’m not. These pancakes are just that good. My kids beg me to make them again before they have even finished the ones on their plate.
Really though, it’s cinnamon & brown sugar swirled pancakes with a creams cheese frosting, what kid isn’t going to be over the moon excited about getting to have basically dessert for breakfast? Yeah, none.
I first came across this recipe on Life in the Loft House, but after making it a few times and tweaking the actual pancake recipe I have come up with my own version of this masterpiece.
Deeply Rooted Mom Community!
Get our newsletter, freebies, updates, and more sent straight to your inbox so you never miss a thing.
Before I get into the actual recipe lets go over my tips.
- To get a good swirl of the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture on top of the pancakes you need to use a quart size Ziplock bag. Take all of your mixture and scoop it into one of the bottom corners of the bag. Make sure and squeeze out all the excess air before you close it.
- To prepare your bag you need to take some scissors and cut off a small section of the bottom corner of the bag where you put your mixture. Make sure you only cut off a small piece. After you do a pancake or two, you’ll be able to see if you need to cut it a little bigger.
Example of how to pipe the filling on the pancake while it’s cooking.
- When squeezing your mixture onto your pancakes try to do it in one full motion without stopping. This will help keep the mixture even and give it that cinnamon roll look.
Is your mouth watering yet? It should be after seeing these pictures. I mean come on, doesn’t that just look absolutely delicious.
Well, what are you waiting for? Go grab your pan and spatula and get to cooking!
You can thank me later.
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 ¾ Cups Whole Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2-4 tbsp Butter (for greasing the pan)
- ½ Cup Butter Melted
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 1 tbsp Ground Cinnamon
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 ¼ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Prepare Cinnamon Filling: In a medium bowl melt the butter and let cool for about 5 minutes. Next add in the brown sugar and cinnamon and mix. Scoop the mixture into a quart size freezer ziplock bag. (Make sure it's freezer. These are stronger and can withstand the pressure when you're squeezing out filling.) Then set aside.
- Preheat your griddle or skillet on medium heat.
- Prepare Pancake Batter: In a medium bowl mix together all your dry ingrediants. In a seperate bowl mix the wet ingrediants then add them into the dry ingredients. Stir till throughly mixed.
- Scoop out about 1/4 cup of pancake batter and pour it on your hot pan.
- While it's cooking take your bag of cinimon roll filling and cut a small piece of the corner so you can squeeze out a small amount of the filling at a time.
- Start in the center of the pancake and start squeezing out the filling. Go in a circluar motion to create a swirl of the filling on the pancake. See picture for example.
- Proceed to cook the pancake like normal.
- While they are cooking prepare the cream cheese glaze.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat the butter and cream cheese. Heat for 15 seconds then stir. Heat in additonal 8-10 second interveals untill it's all melted and mixed together.
- Add in the powder sugar 1/2 cup at a time and mix till combined. Last add in the vanilla and stir.
- Once pancakes are done add your glaze and dig in.
- If you want you can pipe your glaze on just like the filling to get it to look like my photos.