When those hot summer days hit, there’s nothing better than an iced glass of tea!
Oh wait, yes there is!
How about sweet Summer Sunrise Tea? Is your interest peaked yet? It should be.
Let’s rewind and start from the beginning of this delicious creation.
One day last summer we were out running errands and I desperately wanted something to drink. So, whipped in the line at Dutch Bros but there was one huge problem.
I was in no mood for coffee. (Insert Gasp Here!)
I’m usually always in the mood for coffee but I think it was just too hot of a day for a milky beverage.
The barista suggested a flavored green tea and my interest was peaked. So, I picked 3 random flavors and BAM, the Summer Sunrise was born.
My husband and I loved it so much that we ended up buy all the ingredients for it and started making it at home. It has become a, if not the, summer staple in our house.
The amazing thing about making this at home is that you can go as crazy as you want with the flavors until you get it just the way you like it.
Deeply Rooted Mom Community!
Get our newsletter, freebies, updates, and more sent straight to your inbox so you never miss a thing.
Plus, it’s 10x cheaper when you buy all the ingredients to make it yourself and it’s 100x more convenient. That my friends, is what I call a ‘Win Win’ situation.
Let’s get into the recipe and start drinking up!
Summer Sunrise Green Tea
- 12 Bags Green Tea Stash Brand
- 6 Cups Water (More after tea steeps.)
- 1/2 Ounce Peach Flavoring
- 1/2 Ounce Blackberry Flavoring
- 1/2 Ounce Pomegranate Flavoring
- Boil 6 cups of water. Once the water is to a boil turn the burner off and drop in your tea bags. Let it steep for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Once the tea has finished steeping pour it into a gallon pitcher and fill with cold water.
- At this point you can put the pitcher in the fridge and let comletley cool or you can go ahead and make a Summer Sunrise. We like to let ours fully cool in the fridge for a couple hours so it doesn't melt the ice and water down our drink.
- Pour the green tea into a glass and add the flavoring. Feel free to add or lessen the amount to match your taste buds.
- Add ice, stir, and ENJOY!!!